Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Funeral March - insert here.

How does one tell their daughter they killed their fish...? I mean really, she cleaned HER water with a spoon full of the Dechlorination stuff (it calls for a drop or two per, like, a gallon of water)...stuffed dog toys, new plants, rocks...the whole thing in in one day. Poor Betta, wasn't happy and here is where I ask you for a silent moment...

Now, just how the heck do I tell my daughter "I told ya so" in this scenario? I will cry over this fish more than she will...I hope.

My best to you who know how to calmly inform your children that Betta fish...only need a little drop, not a spoonful, of water treatment.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, would it be TERRIBLY dishonest to do the old switcheroo and put a new fish in the bowl? You wouldn't have to admit the measurement mishap and your daughter would still have a fish. Everyone would be happy unless you have conscience.

    I am a lower Alabama blogger as well! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I killed the purple betta MPB gave the youngest within a week. But the malformed fish that were abandoned at the school Science Fair and made their way to our house? I kept those alive for YEARS.

    I don't do well with swishy animals. That's why all our dogs are mutts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer - Thank you for the thoughts. I do have a conscience...I let her find it on her own. I thought it might be better that way. She was laughing about how gross it looked then sad that maybe she had given too much attention. She went out and got another one. She bought this one with "her" money. We'll see. Thanks for the welcome!

    Esbee..our guppies are class projects that are just amazing. They have been alive for almost a year. And loving it! Thanks both of you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete