Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Salmon...sigh

I love Salmon. My mom started my love of salmon as a kid making salmon patties fried up and served with whatever veggie she had on hand, preferably fried squash or okra - they never really made it to the table, I'd stand over her and eat each little morsel right away.

My husband was a total meat and potato man, salmon was not a meat...beef was a meat. (Although he fished, salmon was not a Potomac River catch, lol.) When he found out he was diabetic, carbs became a no no, salmon became a favorite and potatoes were a special thing.

Now we eat salmon quite a bit. There are so many ways to use left overs too. Ochazuke, rice ball filling, toss on salads, etc. Tonight I made homemade tomato soup (I had to use those yummy tomatoes from my mother-in-laws garden before they went bad), asparagus, salmon and mock croutons. My picture doesn't really do it all justice. Even the Mad Monster was begging for more "croutons" for her soup. So maybe this blog entry should be about the tomato soup...hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment