Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hey, I know the silhouette...

THE SEA OF SUNSET.
This is the land the sunset washes,
These are the banks of the Yellow Sea;
Where it rose, or whither it rushes,
These are the western mystery!
Night after night her purple traffic
Strews the landing with opal bales;
Merchantmen poise upon horizons,
Dip, and vanish with fairy sails.
-That Emily Dickinson chickie
What is more simple than girls by the bay? What is more simple than enjoying the breeze and the sand and the sunset? I've been avoiding many things in life, but can the sunset really be ignored? If you can honestly say you don't see it when it is in front of you...you have no heart, you have no love of majesty. Oh I could go on and on. But I won't because it's late and I'm tired and didn't see the sunset tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment