Thursday, June 25, 2009

Flavor Cabob...Little Chef gone wild!

Anyone can cook...

If you are a Disney Mom, you know where that phrase comes from. And in this house, I knew that before the movie "Ratatouille" came out. I have a "little chef" on my hands. I was throwing together a stir fry for dinner the other night and the little monster (oh, she's such a delightful monster) decided she wanted to make a pre-dinner snack. Little bug doesn't know what an appetizer is or an Hors d'œuvre, but she planned it out, cut it up and happily chatted while she chopped and assembled.


Meanwhile, I assemble her bento box for camp the next day...I'm obsessed and here is the first picture of a not so beautiful bento I have for her. Left - stir fry: chicken, rice (duh), little corns, beans and (shh don't tell her) onions, Middle - mini frittatas: egg, cheese, tomatoes, sauteed leeks a few green beans wrapped in smoked turkey to fill the space and right - steamed green beans. This is only the bottom tier. The next tier will have her fruits, one of her little appetizers and whatever I can throw in to fill space. She loves it! Get your kids interested in food that isn't too processed! Get them into bento...PLAY WITH FOOD, it's super fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment