Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm baaaack...for DINNER!

I have the hardest time reconciling the fact that I just can't fit it all in. Why can't I work full time, be the ultimate soccer mom, keep up with church, housework, car maintenance, family time, hubby time, me time and cook all in one day??!! Is it because after I get the monster and myself actually out the door for work/school and through the day that it's suddenly Saturday?

The one night I have nothing but bunny duty planned I decide to go all out for dinner...and I can't get it all in. DARN! I wanted to do a nice healthy stir-fry with an almost healthy side of "veggie" egg rolls. I got to the stir fry and the filling for the egg rolls, but I guess the assembly and cooking of the egg rolls will be tomorrows treat.

After I assembled the goodies for the egg rolls (half of which would end up in my stir-fry) I realized that I was not going to have time to fit it all in.



At least I got dinner on the table before it was the Mad Monsters bed time and she never even knew she was eating cabbage, onions, mushrooms and snow peas...she saw rice and didn't look back. Now to move her to brown rice...maybe I'll mix it in a few times and then she'll never know that I am giving her a more healthy food. One can only hope.
In case I haven't mentioned it before, we do McDonald's and the like MAYBE once every other month...that's why I have an issue with schools telling my daughter she can't have a cookie AND a cupcake on special occasions. I actually try to feed her healthy stuff at home.
We parents have to step up and make healthy fun. Make it an adventure, a game if you have to. Discovering food is a wonderful, but discovering HEALTHY food that you like is oh so much better. Now...where did the "me time" go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment