Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Some days you just have to wonder...or wander

I've hit a road block. I'm certain others would call it writers block or a creative void. I can't decide what to write about today and it really bothers me. I don't feel like cooking, nothing really exciting happened today or yesterday and, most importantly, I haven't taken any pictures since dinner the other night.

I could share the joys of cleaning up after a vendetta filled Shih Tzu, or the excitement of cleaning up the plethora of hairballs the cats discreetly hide in the middle of the floor of my laundry room. I could share the bliss of just having nothing of import to share.

I find my mind wandering on a clueless path of questions. Where did I put that God awful poetry I used to write? Why does my laundry pile seem to tower higher after I just did a few loads? How could I burn the ground beef for tacos last night? Why does my flash suck in cold temps...or is it the batteries? Why am I having a salad for dinner when I have a freezer full of steaks, chicken, pork loin, etc.? What happened to all my artsy fartsy photographs....?


I never did mind the little things.

The answer lies in listening to my daughter teach herself Fur Elise...she is my answer. Just keep searching, just keep trying and it will come to you or it won't. But keep at it until everyone around you has bleeding ears...

No comments:

Post a Comment